Those of you that have read my previous articles will know that I am a big believer in telling your story and showing your values.
I believe that traditional advertising is dying and people want to know what’s behind a brand, ‘the why’.
I strongly believe that your content should reflect your values and show your followers how your story is developing. The best brands take their followers on a journey.
- Make sure that you know what you are trying to achieve with every post.
- Have great creative images/videos that reflect the content of the post.
- Every post should have a strong headline to draw the follower in.
- Show what you learn from each opportunity and how you are growing.
- Post for engagement, not likes or follows. Ask questions and request feedback.
- Make people think.
- Be topical around trends and what’s happening in your industry/region.
- Network with others in your community to bring them into the conversation and show how they have added to your journey.
- Plan posts as part of a series to draw followers back.
- Be consistent so that followers know when to expect posts.
- Encourage sharing and comments.
Get in touch if you want to talk brand strategy or need great content to tell your story.